– Please list your key achievements due to the programme at present.
The programme provides us with a vast bundle of knowledge. Even though I already have two university degrees – including in economics – I constantly derive some new inspiration from the SKOLKOVO programme. We focus on developing markets and international experience is competently interwoven with Russian nuances. Analysing cases from Europe and the USA, we “fine-tune” them in line with Russian specifics. I was also extremely interested by the focus on China – this is a major economic partner of our large country and the whole world and naturally we will have to organise mutual relations.
Here we are taught at the most advanced level. We are shown in modules how views on various business processes have evolved. For example, in my favourite module General Management with Keith Goodall we were shown where we currently stand in management, negotiations and marketing. We often rush on a squirrel wheel and believe that we are running very fast and that everything is wonderful. In actual fact, however, after talking here to students and professors, you understand that this level is possibly twenty years out of date, and that other people are moving three times as fast.
– What knowledge and skills did you manage to apply at the work?
– I am not interested in career advancement, because I run my own business. Consequently, business represents progress that has to be managed. Here SKOLKOVO also helps us.
I am striving to improve key performance indicators, increase profits, increase client loyalty and optimise business processes. The programme here delivers specific results. For example, after a very strong module on business processes, I analysed my own service component, broke it down according to the proposed methodologies and assessed its effectiveness and our focus. It transpired that we had been focusing on the wrong area – we had not been concentrating on our clients. We had prioritised the utilisation levels of the delivery service. We utilised one unit 100%, but only this unit was effective. At the same time, we were clearly not delivering professional client service. Now I perceive similar problems and understand that if we change one process at the company, other processes will also start to change. Everything should work taken as a whole.
In addition, it is correct that SKOLKOVO not only provides knowledge, but also stimulates personal growth.
– Do you mean the leadership course?
– Yes, I am referring to the leadership course. We received individual tuition and were taught how to talk in public, how to always be ready for an interview and derive enjoyment from this process. I would also like to note that communications with the other students represent another important aspect of the education. I knew about this, but had been extremely sceptical. Out of all my fellow students at Plekhanov Academy, I only stay in touch with one person. As for Bauman, I have kept no contacts, as we all went our own separate ways and no longer had common interests. And now, as we turn 40, we already understand our place in life and want to run our businesses more effectively. Consequently, communicating with other people is extremely beneficial. All in all SKOLKOVO helps you to break through your own boundaries and grow all the time.
And SKOLKOVO does not let you stop. We have training courses that simply don’t end: once you enter the process, you go with the flow.
– And so why is worth choosing SKOLKOVO?
– First of all, if you want to develop a business in Russia, an international business school will be less helpful. Secondly, SKOLKOVO will give you a boost. Successful individuals, who are at different stages of development, study on the EMBA programme, and SKOLKOVO stimulates their growth. It does not matter if someone changes the area of activities or someone else starts moving more rapidly. The key is that we all advance more quickly. And I agree that at some point we, the Skolkovo Executive MBA graduates, will run the country and actually change something both in the state and in business. Here we are already working on changing the situation for the better.