– Please list your key achievements from the programme at present.
– Approximately 30% of the knowledge that I obtained during the studies is applicable to my work, as it implies far greater authority than I have at present. In general I use the skills acquired in corporate finance and HR. Business performance indicators have also improved. I am on the board of directors of the bank. The bank’s financial position has improved and capital has increased significantly recently. It goes without saying that this is due to teamwork. However, I have also played a role in this success.
– How did the programme affect your personal growth and effectiveness?
– The SKOLKOVO EМВА programme does not involve simply studying individual disciplines; you also achieve self-identification. I am grateful to the school for identifying my strengths and weaknesses from the very outset. Throughout the course I constantly worked on them and analysed myself – previously I had never even thought about this. In general, I perceive SKOLKOVO as a whole period in my life that has an impact on everything: relations with family, friends and colleagues, and also certain important decisions. And I am very grateful to my fellow students. We have a great deal in common when it comes to value systems and culture. We find it interesting to communicate and exchange opinions. And this provides a powerful push so that the educational process proceeds even more intensively. If you live according to a certain template, here you realise what this template is and whether it is working for you. SKOLKOVO makes it possible, roughly speaking, to “rewrite your own programme”. This is probably the most important aspect for me personally.
– What knowledge and skills obtained in the programme do you apply at work?
– For example, I apply new skills when forming a team. After determining team roles based on the Belbin Team Inventory, you understand where you are and the individuals that you need on your team. As a result, this has a very significant impact.
In actual fact, it is essential that we do not simply read books: our teachers clearly transmit their own experience. In this way we gain a better understanding of the subject and apply knowledge in practice.
– What assignment that you performed after the module did you find most useful and why?
– Here, I would highlight corporate finance. I had a fairly good understanding of accounting before SKOLKOVO. However, here I was shown details that I had not noticed previously. Previously I had been a user of the model, whereas now I can be a developer. When completing the assignment, I created the model on my own and personally performed all the calculations. This was very interesting.
Another interesting topic was HR when we performed the group assignment. We considered the most effective way of aligning the management of human resources at a specific company. We approached the issue amicably. Everyone expressed his own opinion, and we managed to make a number of valuable recommendations. In other words, we were able to contribute to the businesses of our colleagues.
– Why is worth choosing the SKOLKOVO Executive MBA?
– Why did I choose SKOLKOVO, rather than a French, English or American business school? Firstly because I am interested in the business community in Russia. I am from Kazakhstan and we are currently implementing integration processes. What is the point of going to another part of the world where I will probably never go again? Secondly, I believe SKOLKOVO to be the top school in Russia, which applies stringent selection requirements for students. Thirdly, our teachers come here from all over the world and give 100%, and demonstrate their worth so that they are invited to teach the next module. And finally, I can honestly say that the program represents the period in my life when I am constantly happy, because I experience a sense of freedom and innovation. This is very strong driver. If your daily life is marked by routine and boring chores, SKOLKOVO offers a real escape.